Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Trusting God

As much as I know how faithful God is, & how important it is to trust Him fully, I'll admit sometimes it's hard. I won't go into details, so don't jump to any conclusions about anything, but I'll just say that as of tomorrow I am no longer a Legal Assistant for the state of Ohio. This morning I was feeling peace about the whole situation, but I needed something. I asked God to guide me to what I needed to read from His word, & I knew I needed to read something about trusting God, & this is where I ended up:
Hebrews 10:19 And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven’s Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. 20 By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. 21 And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God’s house, 22 let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ’s blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. 24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works ... 34 You suffered along with those who were thrown into jail, and when all you owned was taken from you, you accepted it with joy. You knew there were better things waiting for you that will last forever. 35 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! 36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. 37 “For in just a little while, the Coming One will come and not delay. 38 And my righteous ones will live by faith. But I will take no pleasure in anyone who turns away.” 39 But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the faithful ones, whose souls will be saved.

Being laid off from a job is not as bad as being thrown in jail or having everything you own taken from you, but that was the audience of this letter. Those of us who are Christians today have the same promise, though! On this present Earth we must have endurance & we will continue to do God's will, & we have better things waiting for us that will last forever on the New Earth!
Day by day, God has been reminding me that He fits everything together to happen at the perfect time in the best way, & this was exactly what I needed to read today!
As a second blessing, God has used people to encourage me so much today! I wish the same kinds of blessing on you.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Wow! Praise the Lord for His encouragement and the assurance that His ways are perfect.